TechWorks Marine is a leading international provider of oceanographic surveys and equipment services.
Founded in 2002, we specialise in the provision of Robust, Reliable and Secure Marine Data to our clients.
Our expanding team in TechWorks Marine is looking for new talents! We have immediate openings for the following roles (Click to expand) :
TechWorks Marine has an immediate opening for a Metocean engineer to join our team as we grow in the Marine Renewable sector in Europe.
We are looking for a dynamic person with at least 2 years of professional experience to support our marine survey operations. The ideal candidate should be a pro-active, self-motivated individual, team player/leader, capable of working independently both in an office environment and in the field.
We are looking for a dynamic person who will have:
- A Degree or Masters in Science, Engineering
- A minimum of 2 years experience in the marine survey sector or in engineering
- Professionalism and good communications skills.
- Ideally some experience with Oceanographic sensors (ADCP’s, Wave Sensors, CTD’s and Tide Gauges)
Your main duties will be:
- Working with Metocean engineers/scientists to ensure safe and successful deployment and delivery of our Marine Survey contracts.
- Delivering Marine Surveys, including mobilisation, deployment, ongoing maintenance and recovery of Metocean Data Buoys and Seabed Frames.
- Manage the ongoing calibration and maintenance of our Metocean equipment pool, including Data Buoy Platforms and Maintenance of Seabed Frames.
- Preparation of project documentation and field reports for our clients, in keeping with our ISO and HSQE procedures.
- Carry out preventative and scheduled maintenance to oceanographic instrumentation and moorings deployed at sea.
Your skills/experience will include:
- Experience with managing and delivering Metocean surveys to clients in Europe
- Experience working in different sectors (Water, Coastal Engineering, Offshore Marine Renewables)
- Knowledge of operating and troubleshooting Oceanographic equipment.
- Working to firm deadlines whilst being flexible to schedule changes.
- Strong organisational and IT skills, including MS Office/Python
- Ensure our survey activities adhere to the latest EU and industry standards.
- Full clean driver license
- Powerboat license and appropriate HSQE certifications for working on water.
- Fluent English (reading, written and spoken).
The position is based out of our offices in Dun Laoghaire and will involve travel primarily in Ireland and Europe. We offer:
- A competitive salary and benefits
- Ongoing training
- A flexible working environment with a supportive team
- Career development pathways within the company.
- Working as part of a dynamic and innovative team.
Interested candidates should send their CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th December 2021.
About TechWorks Marine
TechWorks Marine is a leading International provider of oceanographic surveys and equipment services. Founded in 2002, we specialise in the provision of Robust, Reliable and Secure Marine Data to our clients. We offer full integration, installation, survey, technical support and data management services to our clients to support them through the life-cycle of their project. Our Data services include both in situ Oceanographic surveys and also Marine Earth Observation, giving our clients both high resolution temporal and spatial data to better develop and manage their operations.
Client sectors include Coastal Engineering, Research and Marine Renewables. We are currently delivering data to clients in Ireland and Europe in these sectors and are looking to grow our Offshore Wind and Water Quality survey areas in the next 12 months. We are ISO certified, and apply this to all aspects of our activities.
TechWorks Marine, a leader in the provision of Robust, Reliable and Secure Marine Data products and services, is looking for a Field Project Manager to manage delivery of projects both in Ireland and internationally.
Qualifications, Experience and skillset required
Applications are invited for a Project Manager with minimum 3 years of commercial experience. Applicants should have proven experience in managing projects to clearly defined deadlines in the engineering or scientific domains.
- Responsible for planning and timely execution of operational activities, including fieldwork projects
- Managing project timelines and deliveries
- Developing working relationships to proactively anticipate and mitigate change
- Respect external and internal project deadlines
- Dealing with suppliers to ensure timely delivery of equipment
- Assisting in organising the delivery of Metocean Surveys to specification and time schedules
The successful candidate should meet the following requirements:
- Project Management qualification (e.g. PMP/Prince2)
- 3 years experience in project management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Engineering is an advantage but not mandatory.
- Good communicator, with an ability to communicate successfully to a variety of audiences and high-level writing skills,
- Effective team player;
- An ability to meet strict project milestones.
The position will be based at our offices in Dublin, Ireland. You must be flexible and be willing to travel for projects. Benefits include competitive salary and performance-related benefits, 21 days holiday annual leave, flexible working hours, working as part of a dynamic and innovative team.
Please send CV’s and Cover Letters to Charlotte O’Kelly by 20th December 2021, by email: email@example.com. TechWorks Marine is an equal opportunities employer.