TechWorks Marine is a leading international provider of oceanographic surveys and equipment services. Founded in 2002, we specialise in the provision of Robust, Reliable and Secure Marine Data to our clients.
Our expanding team is looking for new talent. We have immediate openings for the following roles (click to expand):
TechWorks Marine, a leader in the provision of Robust, Reliable and Secure Marine Data products and services, is looking for a System Administrator to join our expanding team.
Qualifications, Experience and skill-set required
Applications are invited for a System Administrator with 3 years’ experience.
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Minimum level 6 certification in tech related field (IT Admin, Computer Engineering, Network Engineering, IT Infrastructure etc.)
- Experience in GitHub Repository Management
- Some experience with SQL desirable
- Knowledge of AWS : mainly S3, EC2, Lightsail
- Familiarity with ERP systems
- Set up and management of Microsoft accounts and services
- Familiar with the setup and running of IT office services including VoIP, Printers, Networking etc.
- Good communication and problem-solving skills
- Ongoing monitoring of servers, in terms of efficiency and cost
- Managing user accounts and services
- Monitoring GitHub repositories, ensuring good practice
- Management of ERP system, including data entry and monitoring
- Troubleshooting faults in network infrastructure when they occur
- Generation of reports on IT infrastructure health
The position will be based at our offices in Dublin, Ireland. You must be flexible and willing to travel for projects. Benefits include competitive salary and performance related benefits, 21 days annual leave, flexible working hours, working as part of a dynamic and innovative team.
Please send CV’s and Cover Letters to email@example.com.
TechWorks Marine is an equal opportunities employer.
Earth Observation Scientist
TechWorks Marine, a leader in the provision of Robust, Reliable and Secure Marine Data products and services, is looking for an Earth Observation Scientist join our expanding team.
You will be working as part of the Earth Observation (EO) team, with a focus on EO marine data products. At present we are developing a number of marine EO data products for a range of clients, from state agencies to private companies. We also conduct R&D projects funded by a range of agencies, including the European Space Agency (ESA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and the Disruptive Technologies Innovation Fund (DTIF).
Qualifications, experience, and skillset required:
- A master’s degree in Remote Sensing/Earth Observation, GIS, or similar geospatial field.
- 3-5 years’ experience (academic/industrial or both) working with EO data.
- Experience with Python and/or R for satellite image processing and competence in use of current EO & GIS software (e.g., SNAP, ENVI, QGIS/ArcGIS).
- Familiar with relevant libraries (e.g., Pandas, GeoPandas, NumPy, SciPy, GDAL, Matplotlib).
- Experience with EO algorithm development.
- Experience with machine learning.
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment.
Soft skills required:
- Good communicator, with an ability to communicate successfully to a variety of audiences.
- Possess high level writing skills, be able to prepare and deliver client reports, and assist in proposal development.
- Effective team player.
- An ability to meet strict project deadlines.
Duties will include:
- Develop EO products and services combining satellite data and in-situ data.
- EO data processing across on-going projects.
- Work with end-users and customers to understand product and service requirements.
- Assist in the delivery of projects within agreed timeframes and budgets.
- Assist in writing of reports for clients and partners.
- Keep up to date with new technical developments in EO.
- Represent the company at national/international workshops/conferences in the EO sector.
- Assist in preparing proposals for new projects/services and research proposals.
The position will be based at our offices in Dublin, Ireland. You must be flexible and willing to travel for projects. Remote work during Covid-19 restrictions will be implemented.
Benefits include competitive salary and performance related benefits, 21 days annual leave, flexible working hours, working as part of a dynamic and innovative team.
Interested candidates should send their CV and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
TechWorks Marine is an equal opportunities employer.
About TechWorks Marine
TechWorks Marine is a leading International provider of oceanographic surveys and equipment services. Founded in 2002, we specialise in the provision of Robust, Reliable and Secure Marine Data to our clients. We offer full integration, installation, survey, technical support and data management services to our clients to support them through the life-cycle of their project. Our Data services include both in situ Oceanographic surveys and also Marine Earth Observation, giving our clients both high resolution temporal and spatial data to better develop and manage their operations.
Client sectors include Coastal Engineering, Research and Marine Renewables. We are currently delivering data to clients in Ireland and Europe in these sectors and are looking to grow our Offshore Wind and Water Quality survey areas in the next 12 months. We are ISO certified, and apply this to all aspects of our activities.
TechWorks Marine has an immediate opening for a Metocean engineer or scientist to join our team.
We are looking for a dynamic person who will have:
- A Degree or Masters in Science, Engineering
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the marine survey sector/engineering and/or an interest in working on water (lifesaving, water activities)
- Professionalism, excellent communications skills.
You main duties will be:
- Working with our team of Metocean engineers/scientists to ensure safe and successful deployment and delivery of our Marine Survey contracts.
- Delivering Marine Surveys, including mobilisation, deployment, ongoing maintenance and recovery of Metocean Data Buoys and Seabed Frames.
- Manage the ongoing calibration and maintenance of our Metocean equipment pool, including Data Buoy Platforms and Maintenance of Seabed Frames.
- Preparation of project documentation and field reports for our clients, in keeping with our ISO and HSQE procedures.
- Carry out preventative and scheduled maintenance to oceanographic instrumentation and moorings deployed at sea.
Your skills/experience will include:
- Experience with managing and delivering Marine surveys to clients in Europe
- Experience working in different sectors (Water, Coastal Engineering, Offshore Marine Renewables)
- Knowledge of operating and troubleshooting Oceanographic equipment.
- Equipment includes ADCPs, CTDs, ROVs, water quality surveying
- Working to firm deadlines whilst being flexible to schedule changes.
- Ensure our survey activities adhere to the latest EU and industry standards.
- Full clean driver license
- Powerboat license and appropriate HSQE certifications for working on water.
- Fluent English (reading, written and spoken).
The position is based out of our offices in Dun Laoghaire, and will involve travel primarily in Ireland and Europe. We offer:
- A competitive salary and benefits
- Ongoing training
- A flexible working environment with a supportive team
- Career development pathways within the company.
- Working as part of a dynamic and innovative team.
Interested candidates should send their CV by email to email@example.com