Offshore Renewable Energy
An accurate understanding of metocean data is essential to the success of all marine renewable projects. This information will serve to characterise the available resource for energy yield, the design requirements for survivability of the project and the strategy for maintenance and accessibility.
This data is necessary throughout the life cycle of a renewable energy project for both site management and device validation. TechWorks Marine have a strong background in oceanography and can support clients in all stages of the life cycle of the project . Required monitoring programmes for each of the key specific stages include:
We can assist in the following areas:
- Metocean surveys (Metocean and environmental surveys ),
- Provision of metocean monitoring equipment (Data loggers , represented partner's sensors )
- Device Control Systems (remote access to the renewable energy device)
- Live Video Links (performance assessment, security using infra-red and visible cameras)
- Acoustic surveys (ceteacean moniotring)
- Bathymetric Survey (site investigation and scour monitoring)
- ROV Inspection (device and structural assessments)
- Data management and dissemination (quality assurance, maintenance of web portal )
- Environmental Impact Statements and Assessments
Recent projects include:
- ADCP Surveys for GDF-Futures Energies
- Provision of instrumentation to the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI) for monitoring at the wave energy test site in Belmullet, County Mayo.