We currently have the following positions open:
TechWorks Marine, a leader in the provision of Robust, Reliable and Secure Marine Data products and services, is looking for an Operations Lead to manage our ever-expanding activities both in Ireland and internationally.
We are seeking an experienced Operations Manager to join the Management Team. The ideal candidate is a dynamic, motivated individual with a strong background in the project and team management, experienced in the delivery of large complex projects, and capable of working independently, when circumstances require.
This unique opportunity is ideal for someone looking to grow and develop their career within the marine sector, and motivated to become a central member of the management team, continuing to build TechWorks Marine operational excellence and leadership reach.
The successful candidate must have:
- A Degree or Masters in Marine Science or Engineering
- Proven marine survey operations management track record, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in this sector.
Based in Dublin, and responsible for the successful delivery of integrated data platforms, sensors and service business both in Ireland and internationally. Flexibility and willingness to travel for projects are essential attributes of the role.
Primary duties include:
- Managing all aspects of project/product/service delivery.
- Managing the operations team of engineers and scientists.
- Manage client and sub-contractor relationships.
- Detailed planning, management and delivery of all projects to fully meet or exceed client requirements.
- Managing project budgets to maximise profitability while maintaining excellence in quality of service to our clients.
- Provide input from an operations perspective to sales quotes, tenders and proposals.
- Actively participate as a vital member of the management team in providing input to strategy and direction.
- Represent the company at a variety of meetings, forums, industry groups and conferences as required.
- Ensure compliance with relevant statutory requirements e.g. Foreshore Licensing, Notice to Mariners etc.
The successful applicant will be proactive and have a proven operations background within the sector; experience in marine science is an advantage. You have excellent leadership skills and see yourself as a strategic thinker. You are a confident, clear and convincing communicator, capable of representing the company outbound on project delivery, but equally inbound with a technical understanding of customer’s needs and requirements.
Benefits include competitive salary and performance-related benefits, 25 days holiday annual leave, flexible working hours, working as part of a dynamic and innovative team.
Please send CV’s and Cover Letters to Charlotte O’Kelly, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
TechWorks Marine is an equal opportunities employer.
Marine Scientist with Field experience
TechWorks Marine, a leader in the provision of Robust, Reliable and Secure Marine Data products and services, is looking for an Operations Lead to manage our ever-expanding activities both in Ireland and internationally. We are seeking a Marine Scientist to join our expanding team.
Qualifications, Experience and skillset required
Applications are invited for a Marine Scientist with min.3 years commercial sector experience preferably in the Marine Survey sector.
• As a valuable member of a small team you will be principally involved in providing technical support to commercial projects there is also scope to develop research projects in specific areas.
• Experience at the preparation and use of metocean sensors (CTD, ADCP’s), including preparation, deployment and troubleshooting.
• You will have experience of fieldwork using standard observational techniques, including mobilisation, deployment and recovery of seabed systems, real-time data buoys and mobile surveys.
• Working within our established project management systems, including preparation and implementation of QHSE protocols and documentation at all stages of survey.
• Analysing and interpreting oceanographic data (geospatial, time series), quality control of data, report writing and presenting data reports.
• You will be involved in the identifying potential projects and assist in the development of proposals.
• You must be a team worker, poses good communication skills and be able to work to deadlines.
• The position involves field work and as such you need to be flexible.
The successful candidate will also meet the following requirements:
• A degree (or equivalent) in Oceanography, Marine Science or similar field.
• Oceanographic survey experience, including: ADCP and Wave Buoy deployment, Tide gauges, Met. Stations, ADCP transects.
• Experience of the analysis and interpretation of common metocean datasets.
•Demonstrable experience of managing projects.
• Highly numerate with competence in MS Office and common data analysis software, e.g. Matlab and Python.
• Good communicator, with an ability to communicate successfully to a variety of audiences.
• Possess high level writing skills, be able to prepare and deliver client report, and assist in proposal development.
•Effective team player.
•An ability to meet strict project milestones.
The position will be based at our offices in Dublin, Ireland. You must be flexible and be willing to travel for projects. Benefits include competitive salary and performance related benefits, 21 days holiday annual leave, flexible working hours, working as part of a dynamic and innovative team.
Please send CV’s and Cover Letters to Charlotte O’Kelly, by email: email@example.com
TechWorks Marine is an equal opportunities employer.