Earth Observation Scientist
TechWorks Marine, a leader in the provision of Robust, Reliable and Secure Marine Data products and services, is looking for an Earth Observation Scientist with a background in Physical Oceanography to join our expanding team.
You will be working as part of the Earth Observation team, with a focus on EO marine data products. At present we are developing a number of marine EO data products for a range of Clients, ranging from state agencies to private companies.
Qualifications, Experience and Skillset Required:
A degree (or equivalent) in oceanography, GIS, Physics or similar;
3-5 years’ experience (academic/industrial or both) working with EO data;
Experience with Python, R, Matlab or similar for satellite data processing and competence in use of current EO software (i.e. SNAP, QGIS/ArcGIS);
Good communicator, with an ability to communicate successfully to a variety of audiences;
Possess high level writing skills, be able to prepare and deliver client report, and assist in proposal development;
Effective team player;
An ability to meet strict project deadlines.
Duties will include:
Developing metocean products and services combining satellite data and in-situ data.
Oceanographic (satellite) data processing across on-going projects.
Working with end-users and customers to understand product and service requirements.
Assisting in the delivery of projects within agreed timeframes and budgets.
Assisting in preparing proposals for new projects/services and research proposals
The position will be based at our offices in Dublin, Ireland. You must be flexible and willing to travel for projects. Remote work during Covid-19 restrictions will be implemented.
Benefits include competitive salary and performance related benefits, 21 days annual leave, flexible working hours, working as part of a dynamic and innovative team.
Please send CV’s and Cover Letters to Charlotte O’Kelly, by email: email@example.com.
TechWorks Marine is an equal opportunities employer.
TechWorks Marine is a provider of oceanographic equipment and services in the private and public sectors internationally. Founded in 2002, we specialise in the integration of real-time marine monitoring equipment and sales/rental of a wide range of metocean (meteorological and oceanographic) sensors and instrumentation. Our integrated products are based around the TechWorks Marine Black Box (TMBB) data acquisition and transmission systems. We also offer full integration, installation, survey, technical support and data management services to our clients to support them through the life-cycle of their project. Client sectors include Coastal Engineering, Marine Renewables and Research.
We are looking for a dynamic, motivated and ambitious marketing executive to drive and develop our marketing. The ideal candidate should be a pro-active, self-motivated team player/leader, capable of working independently, as well as leading a team.
The successful applicant will be proactive and have a proven operations background within the sector, experience in marine science is an advantage. You should be a confident communicator and able to represent the company both in terms of project delivery but also have a technical understanding of the customer’s needs and requirement.
• A Degree in Marketing, Digital Media, Business or related discipline
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
• 3+ years’ experience in Marketing
· Co-ordinate all aspects of marketing for the Company’s full product portfolio.
· Work closely with the Managing Director to implement the strategic marketing plan.
· Develop and implement the Company’s web and e-marketing strategy.
· Maintain and improve the usability, design and content of the Company web-site.
· Implement latest SEO tactics to drive visits to the Company web-site.
· Create and manage all social media campaigns, brochures and promotional literature.
· Manage social media channels to engage users and promote our brand.
· Develop and implement consumer sales promotions on radio and print.
· Manage our schedule of exhibitions and road-shows through-out the year.
· Work closely with Sales, Field and Technical teams to provide promotional literature and presentation aids.
· Prepare accurate reports on our marketing campaign’s overall performance.
· The ability to design and drive the strategic direction of the Marketing plan
· Co-ordinate with advertising and media experts to improve marketing results.
· Fluency with all major marketing disciplines and deep understanding of how and when to use them effectively, including traditional channels and digital channels.
· Experience in deriving and interpreting analytics
· Ability to develop and implement product strategy and business plans.
· Independent self-starter who is driven by challenges
· Ability to conceive and effectively communicate using verbal and graphic concepts
· Appreciation for worldwide marketing approaches a plus
Benefits include competitive salary and performance related benefits, 21 days holiday annual leave, flexible working hours, Life Insurance and Income Protection Policy.
Interested candidates should send their CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 15th April 2021.
Marine Scientist with Field experience
TechWorks Marine, a leader in the provision of Robust, Reliable and Secure Marine Data products and services, is looking for an Operations Lead to manage our ever-expanding activities both in Ireland and internationally. We are seeking a Marine Scientist to join our expanding team.
Qualifications, Experience and skillset required
Applications are invited for a Marine Scientist with min.3 years commercial sector experience preferably in the Marine Survey sector.
• As a valuable member of a small team you will be principally involved in providing technical support to commercial projects there is also scope to develop research projects in specific areas.
• Experience at the preparation and use of metocean sensors (CTD, ADCP’s), including preparation, deployment and troubleshooting.
• You will have experience of fieldwork using standard observational techniques, including mobilisation, deployment and recovery of seabed systems, real-time data buoys and mobile surveys.
• Working within our established project management systems, including preparation and implementation of QHSE protocols and documentation at all stages of survey.
• Analysing and interpreting oceanographic data (geospatial, time series), quality control of data, report writing and presenting data reports.
• You will be involved in the identifying potential projects and assist in the development of proposals.
• You must be a team worker, poses good communication skills and be able to work to deadlines.
• The position involves field work and as such you need to be flexible.
The successful candidate will also meet the following requirements:
• A degree (or equivalent) in Oceanography, Marine Science or similar field.
• Oceanographic survey experience, including: ADCP and Wave Buoy deployment, Tide gauges, Met. Stations, ADCP transects.
• Experience of the analysis and interpretation of common metocean datasets.
•Demonstrable experience of managing projects.
• Highly numerate with competence in MS Office and common data analysis software, e.g. Matlab and Python.
• Good communicator, with an ability to communicate successfully to a variety of audiences.
• Possess high level writing skills, be able to prepare and deliver client report, and assist in proposal development.
•Effective team player.
•An ability to meet strict project milestones.
The position will be based at our offices in Dublin, Ireland. You must be flexible and be willing to travel for projects. Benefits include competitive salary and performance related benefits, 21 days holiday annual leave, flexible working hours, working as part of a dynamic and innovative team.
Please send CV’s and Cover Letters to Charlotte O’Kelly, by email: email@example.com
TechWorks Marine is an equal opportunities employer.