Academia & Research
TechWorks Marine has been supplying academic and research organisations with products and services since the company was established in 2002. We can also provide expertise in project management for academic or industrial partners. Our data acquisition and transmission system is used by a range of clients in this sector providing real-time monitoring solutions for a diverse range of applications.
As representatives of several leading oceanographic instrumentation companies we can supply a wide range of sensors from current and wave monitoring solutions to full water quality monitoring packages.
We can offer a wide range of services to the academic and research sectors including:
- Sale or rental of metocean monitoring equipment
- Data collection system integrations, including data buoys , real-time data acquisition and transmission to web portal (CoastEye )
- Metocean and survey data acquisition
- Bathymetric surveys
- ROV Inspections
- Project development and management services
Recent projects include:
- Design, Integration and supply of the CODAS Buoy network and real-time data management and buoy controller portal to the Swedish Meteorological and Hydrographic Institute (SMHI), Sweden.
- Supply of oceanographic sensors to NUI Galway, for study of Harmful Algal Blooms in Killary, Galway.
- Design, Integration and Supply of the Irish Smartbay Buoys to the Irish Marine Institute.
- Supply of oceanographic sensors to the Irish National Research Vessel “Celtic Explorer”
- Developing satellite data products for the renewable energy sector
- Developing satellite data products for coastal zone monitoring and industrial activities